Monday, August 29, 2005

a step in some sort of direction~

Hey guys, just thought i'd let you in on something pretty crazy~

Well, i got asked to MC the 6th annual Asian Youth Baseball Championships opening ceremony...it's in Incheon, Korea this year...

Me and this super famous baseball sportscaster (he's the guy) and me (lil' ol' me!) will be the two tops MCing the event at a hotel... him in korean, and me in english...

I don't even know how I got to do it, or how they even knew about me, but i'm guessing it has something to do with a friend I have who's organizing the volunteers for the tournament...

well, high school baseball is pretty huge in Asia, and all of the big games are televised and stuff, so i'm pretty excited...

and SCARED~! what do i wear and i have to get my makeup and hair done!!! MY GOSH~ i also have to take a half day of work off to go (but shh! that's a secret! hehe)

but yeah, so MCing events... not really my calling, buy u never know who's gonna be at one of these shindigs! gotta remember to bring plenty of business cards... it's not necessarily a step in the right direction, but it's definitely a step somewhere~

7 Comments:

Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

congrats jo! also way to go baseball!!

8/29/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger da bito said...

Good luck! I have full faith in you. :)

8/30/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

that's soo cool jo! i think this'll be a really good opportunity for you to get your name out. Make sure mr. superfamous baseball guy knows it's your lifelong dream to be a newsreporter for ESPN-Korea! You never know; maybe he can hook you up w/ something!!

YOUUUU CAAANNN DOOOO IIIIIIIIT!!!!

All hail JO!!! Goddess of Kicking Ass At Everything She Does, Including MCing Baseball!!!

8/30/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

ESPN???

haha, well i do love me some futbol~ but u meant CNN, right? ^^ LOL!

8/30/2005 5:24 PM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

oh and thanks for all the awesome support! eeks, it's tomorrow! and i just told my boss "umm... i'm gonna have to leave early tomorrow, because of this ummm.. thing that i have umm... have to do... umm yeah..." totally office space style~ but he bought it! yeah!

8/30/2005 5:25 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

Rock on sista'-----good luck. I know you'll make us all proud over here. I wish i could see you?

8/30/2005 9:39 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

lol yes. CNN. yes, that's what i meant.

8/31/2005 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home