Wednesday, August 24, 2005

why would they show us that?

Now far be it for me to complain about what my South Korean hosts choose to show me to demonstrate they're culture while I'm at this training shindig of there's, but I'm just wondering if perhaps they made could've chosen something with a bit less old man sex. To explain; yesterday, that would be wednesday evening as I write you from the future on Thursday morning, we were shown a film about a famous artist from the 19th century. Now the movie was well made, it gave us some great info and a rather interesting historical figure, the artist Ohwon. Also you could gather a lot of South Korea's history during the era of the piece. So, in this vein the movie was quite good, and informational. My only complaint was the fact that there were three rather explicit, nigh hardcore sex scenes, with an actor who must have been in his late 50's or early 60's. I'm sorry but being of a shy and blushy nature I don't want to see anyone having sex, let alone someone older than my parents...it just kind of makes me not want to eat dinner, which might I add I did not.

Oh, I suppose I should introduce myself. Hi I'm Brian I'm friends with Steph, Bito, and Sari. I pro'ly know a couple more of you, but I didn't take the time to research who all posts to this wonderfully amusing blog. I'll be teaching in South Korea for atleast the next year so hopefully there will be some tales. Anyway I'll shut up now, and leave you all in peace.

13 Comments:

Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

Hi Brian! I'm Jess, and I'm very pleased that you decided to join the blog.

Man, I'm so jealous of you (and Jo too, for that matter) for being in Korea, even with all the old people sex they're subjecting you to. Be sure to post often so us Korea-philes can live vicariously through you!

:)

8/24/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

hey bri-

Welcome to the blog!....incidently, i have your first volume of Gravitation and am enjoying it immensly, and I have already bought the second one.

I look forward to hearing your adventures in Korea and perhaps we can banter about anime, manga, etc, as I know we're both into that, even though we've only met each other once ;).

Also I have my own private blog which is linked on the main page of the Land of the Wicked, on which you can find exploits of my own.

^-^

8/24/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

BRI-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Konichiwa!! Ok....I don't know Korean, only Japanese. And very little of that. Anyway! Yay! You're here!!! This makes me happy. We'll all (Jess even more so) be glad to hear about your adventures in baffling a whole new culture. Also....you know the Sauce too, and maybe other people. But the Sauce for sure.

Daisuki Bri-kun!!!!!!!!!

8/24/2005 5:29 PM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

Hi Brian~ this is Jo... i'm in korea too! yay! yay korea!

and what was that movie called? i think i've seen it~

also, where are u teaching at?

8/24/2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Hey SK! My spelling of this is pro'ly wrong but the greeting here is an nyang ha seyo. Again Spelling pro'ly all off.

To Jo-
I I think the movie was called Chimwasea(spelling there too). Glad to know someone else in Korea! I'm teaching in Yeojoo at a middle school. I get there on Friday, and sometime after I have internet and know my address I'll let you know more!

8/24/2005 8:30 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

That's too many words for a greeting if you ask me.

8/24/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

besides, I read THIS rant in 2 places. Eat me.

8/25/2005 7:22 AM  
Blogger Sauce said...

Brian,

How is it going Hagan? I think that's how you spell your name. Teaching Korea? What up with that? Welcome to the blog. There are some strange ones in this place, so watch out.

8/25/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

nice job~
it's actually more like: An nyung haseyo ~!

yeah, definitely let me know about how ur liking it... yeojoo... is that in seoul? humm

8/25/2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

ok. i got it~ the movie is called Chwee hwaseon... and it stars this super super famous actor called choi minshik (who's in his late 40s by the way)... and i think i know why they showed u that movie...
the actor recently starred in a movie called oldboy which won the top award at the past cannes film festival... so they prolly wanted to show u something with him in it, but also something that was set in old time korea (the chosun dynasty)... so don't be too weirded out... hehe~

oh, and yeojoo isn't in seoul... find out how to get to seoul and i'll try and introduce u to some people~

8/26/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

AAAHHH!!! OLDBOY!!! Hagen! How did you miss that one?????

We totally went to see that at the Orpheum, for those of you who don't know. Really good. Really creeped me out. Oh dear LORD!!!

I'm shocked and slightly disappointed at you for not catching that this is the same guy Hags!!!

8/27/2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Hey sauce! It's going pretty ok second day of teaching today...longest day of the week....we'll see if my sanity holds.

8/29/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Jo- sounds good. I have one of those phone number things as soon as I ask someone what mine is I'll let you know and can pick a time to meet in Seoul maybe.

8/29/2005 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home