Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm contaminating the public with my nerdish filth

Ok, so basically I've wanted to murder, or at the very least lock in a closet entirely too many middle schoolers since wednesday. I've been hit with a broom while breaking up a fight, hugged, had my ass grabbed, called "an ugly penis" (not sure where that came from), had a student leap onto to me and kiss me. So....for therapy purposes I'm going to talk about the happiest thing in my life....the fan sub of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

I think Penny-Arcade might have said it best with this warning:

Fanboy Warning

This film contains scenes that may be totally fucking awesome. Your favorite characters may be rendered in extreme detail as they take part in mind-blowing battles set in familiar locales. Futuristic scabbard/motorcycles might be depicted in a way that makes them appear sweet.

This is sooo very very very true. It is the prettiest damn CG I have ever seen. Cloud looks pretty enough to drag out of my computer and either make out with or have him lay my enemies to waste...not sure which would be better. Other favorites return. I think Red XIII in the first scene is awesome (which by the way is the final scene from the FFVII ending). Reno is another person who's CG hotness far outweigh that of his polygonal predecessor. A down grade in the appearance department is Tifa, but that's just because I can no longer be appalled/laugh histerically at her impossible proportions.

The story is also pretty good, but you'll enjoy this 80 times more is you've played the game. Ok I'll shut up now. I'd just like to say in closing that I'm jealous of all you people who get to dress up for halloween, and why of all years is this year the anime year! :pouts:

5 Comments:

Blogger Dragonslippers said...

jealous, huh?

well, i think its a pretty good trade seeing as you have seen the FFVII movie, and i have not.

you have NO IDEA how i've been tortured, waiting fot that movie to come out...delayed release after delayed release.

don't worry, if you're around next halloween, we can go all-out-anime together ;)

9/15/2005 8:59 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Steph go to torrentspy.com download the movie, it's something like ffvii xvid bien. also make sure you download the english sub pack too, as the download i got at first was japanese subbed in japanese. or are you going to tell me you're too good for bittorrent downloading?

9/15/2005 11:14 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

I just taught stephanie the wonders of bit torrent downloading.

And I'd like to argue that LAST year was also "anime" year and you wanted to hang out with D and people of that nature and not your beloved SK (though that's before I was SK...or beloved). Also...I think I should play FFVII first. Which means I should finish FFIV....it's not like I don't have the time. It's more like I'm stuck and its making me frustrated.

Anyway....daisuki Bri-kun. Glad you have SOMETHING to cheer you up when the middle schoolers suck.

9/16/2005 12:09 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

ugh. nothing like a swarm of middle schoolers to make you wish you had small pox.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to halloween. But don't worry; we can have a cosplay party just for you when you get home . . . and perhaps for me too when i get home in december??? ^^

9/16/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

YES......and......YES.

let's plan on it.

9/17/2005 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home