Monday, August 08, 2005

yeah baby, it's all about the R&R

so i just thought i'd update you guys on some stuff that's been going on with me... it might be boring to some of you though... TOUGH!

well, some of u might know that I renewed my contract at KBS (where i work--biggest tv system in korea) but recently i was offered a job at Arirang (an english cable tv network) to be a reporter and announcer for Radio... but i turned it down, because even though that is way closer to my ultimate goal, KBS is like the mother of all tv in korea and asia, andi feel like i would need to stay here... stay it out...

they keep saying that they will make some kind ofenglish news program... but up till now, those have just been words... but i figure, if i stay and show my loyalty.. something good should come of it... RIGHT?

waddaya think? what would u guys do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Sorry for not spelling your name correctly. I have a co-worker name Joe and well I guest I got in the habit of spelling it JOE. Anyways, I am glad that you have loyalty to your employer. These days, it seems hard to find loyal workers who believes and willing to take risks with their employer. Sooner or later KBS will recognize your loyalty and will reward you handsomely. So, I think it is worth staying with KBS. If they don't live upto their promise within a year or two then I would either talk to the manager for a new position and more responsibility or find a new job somewhere else. Keep us updated and goodluck.

8/09/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

Hmm, i donno . . .

I guess it's hard to say since KBS has treated you so bad in the past. It's true they're huge and may be able to offer more in the long run, but I wonder if it wouldn'tve been better to go with Airrang for experience first, and then possibly come back to KBS. Then again, you're under contract w/ KBS, and breaking that contract may make it difficult to come back to them.

I think personally I would've went with the new job, but that's bcz I'm a quitter and i get bored easily, not to mention I dislike the person I work for (as i would if i were in your position) and would feel that it at least couldn't be any worse than the last place.

That said, i think you probably did the right thing. It's probably best to keep good relations with KBS by not breaking your contract with them, even if they never reward you for your loyalty. That way if they don't reward you while you work for them this year, maybe you can take another job when the contract ends and get more experience doing other things, and come back when they're ready to stop talking about making you a reporter and do it.

8/09/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

thank u guys... for making me feel betta about my decision...

oh, and just in case u were confused.. i started out the post writing about my upcoming vacation... but then changed it to rant and rave about my career path... but i forgot to change the title of the post... hehe, woops!

8/09/2005 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home