Monday, August 08, 2005

Ow! My most of me!!!

Yes, i FINALLY went surfing on saturday!
It was a 1-day class offered by the Rec Center and I went w/ a couple people from my lab.

it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! So much fun.

I did, however become really dehydrated and felt pretty crappy all of yesterday and this morning, plus, my sunblock washed off pretty quick, leaving me with a really bad wet-suit tan, not to mention tomato face. I don't have any pictures bcz i was too busy eating sand, but here's a pretty good artistic rendition of what i look like:


And here's me wiping out, as I did so very very often:


Yes, that is the surfboard hitting me in the face. Although that never actually happened, it gives you a pretty good idea of how badly i wiped out (remember, it's an artistic rendition) as i basically got hit by my surfboard everywhere else on my body. I collided w/ some other ppl a few times, got dragged under and flipped around like every other time, and once I even ran over a jelly fish.

It was amazing. I definitely need to do this again before I go. Maybe next time, I'll even be able to stand up on the surfboard!

~j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home