Monday, August 27, 2007

You know I hate to be left out!

Well everyone….since it seems like everyone is moving in new directions at this time in our lives, I thought I would follow suit. Yes, that’s right…I’m leaving Madison. It’s been a good 7 year run, but I thought I should get out before it’s too late (and since the best opportunity in the world has come my way). On September 24th I start working for The Nature Conservancy in Minneapolis. For those of you who don’t know, I’m currently working for The Nature Conservancy in Madison doing GIS and other assorted odd jobs around the office. My new position would be that of GIS analyst for the Central US Region, which includes 10 states (including Wisconsin) and 2 large scale projects (the Great Rivers Program and the Great Lakes Program). This is an amazing opportunity, and it means that I get to live in one of the places that I’ve always dreamed of spending a few years of my life….the TC (that’s Twin Cities for those of you not up on the lingo). Like I said, I start working on September 24th, so I anticipate that I’ll be moving on the 23rd (if any of you are so inclined to help me out!). If you want to see me before I leave, I suppose we should try to plan something (though with Brian and I both moving out now, my house might not be the most organized place to get a lot of people together). The complication is that I will be in Milwaukee for weddings on the weekend of the 14th and the 21st, so if we do plan something, it will need to be the weekend of the 8th or 9th (Friday night is probably the best that weekend…the 7th.) or else some Thursday night, since I’ll be gone for the next 2 weekends. Also…if anyone wants to come visit Brian and I in the TC, give us some time to get a place to live, then let us know. Any of you are welcome at any time.

It’s scary to leave Wisconsin….even though I’ve always said I wanted to. I’ll miss you all, so make sure to call/e-mail/IM often ok!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Well, I think our place would be alright. I'd have to run it by Mel, but I'm sure it would be good.

Yay for jobs!!!

8/27/2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger da bito said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/27/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger da bito said...

aaaaahhhhhh!! congratulations, but you are going to be gone when i come? narf. maybe i will have to find some time to go to milwaukee. congratulations! that's so awesome! soooo many twins games you'll get to see now, and the saints. how does brian feel about moving back?

8/27/2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Brian was moving back anyway since he has school and a job in Shakopee at the HS, so he's happy I'm moving because he was gonna move anyway.

If you can come to Milwaukee that weekend I would be SOOOOO happy.

But now that I have a real job, I'll have the monies to come visit you too!!!!

8/28/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Savav...I'll call you 2nite about planning things, etc. ok?

8/28/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

yay sari!! you got the job!!

That's awesome. Congratulations! :)

8/30/2007 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home