Tuesday, September 26, 2006

it's been a rough week.

Andy and I drove out to Maryland Wednesday to look for apartments, which was pretty cool altho a hell of a lot of driving--13 or so hrs to get there and plenty of driving to and from apartment complexes in the DC area. My god there are some bad drivers out there. And I thought California was bad...

Maryland is like what would happen if all the freeways in California were changed to 35mph roads with stoplights. Yikes.

We were lucky enough to find a place Friday afternoon that happens to be right by the metro station with bus and train access, but our happy celebration time was cut short by a phone call.

Not 5 min after Steph called me to make some plans to go to Chicago, Andy's mom called to tell us that Grandma C. had suffered a major heart attack and died that morning. There was nothing to do but sign the lease and start driving home.

Andy's had it really rough the past month. His Grampa B. died of a long battle with cancer almost exactly a month ago, and that was hard enough. Grandma C. was in such good health--she had just gotten back from a wedding in Philedelphia and had had a really great time. No one expected her to go so quickly.

Grandma C.'s funeral was today, and although it was really hard, I think she would've been happy. All her friends and family came, and the pastor gave a really nice sermon. We had lots of pictures, and lots of good memories to share, and that helped quite a bit too.

My favorite memory of Grandma was when we went over to her house a few months ago to help her plant some flowers. Her and Grampa were in the process of remodeling the bathroom so the plumber was over, and Grandma introduced me and Andy to him as "her two grandchildren." I thought it was really sweet of her and it almost made me cry at the time. lol you can just forget about it now--I'm balling!

Anyways, Andy's off to Maryland on Thursday since he starts working on Monday already. I'll make sure he email's you all w/ his new phone number once he gets one. Call him up once in awhile, or better yet go visit him. Of course, he won't have a car to pick you up just yet if you fly in, but the train station really is just a mile down the road. :)

Or you could drive, but idk. It's abt $50 in tolls round trip and 13 hrs. Maybe when everyone's classes are over we can all carpool out there and hang out in DC for a few days. We'll see i guess.


btw i'm glad to hear from you again jo :) good luck on you're GRE too sweetie ^^

5 Comments:

Blogger Dragonslippers said...

A big (((HUG))) to Andy and another big (((HUG))) to Jess. My condolences guys....if there's anything I can do let me know, but I know in these situations there is little anyone can do.

I'm there for ya.

9/28/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Sauce said...

I am sorry to hear about Andy's grandparents. It is always tough to lose family members. I can cheer you guys up with my next posting- believe me.

10/02/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

thanks guys :)

i love you all very much.

10/02/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Josephine Lee said...

I'll pray for you guys :)

10/02/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

I'm sorry to hear about that. :'( For what it's worth, youare in my prayers.

10/13/2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home