Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I feel like a seaman!

Ok. So most of this goes back to a reference to a moment long long ago that actually only I and the person speaking were there for, but I have to do this cause this website is so freaking hilarious. At first I thought it was trying to be serious, but the more times I look at it the more times I realize it can't possibly be serious. What I'm talking about is scurvy. Yes, scurvy. Like the pirates. Like the disease that the seamen of old used to get during long voyages on the sea with only hardtack and saltwater to nourish them. Why am I talking about scurvy?? Ryan Miller.

So, most of you never got the chance to know the now nearly legendary Ryan Miller, but he was what I like to call the random quotes generator. Meaning, Ryan said some really hilariously random things. One of them being (during one of our LONG phone conversations which now that I'm in cartography I really should call him and apologize for.......briefly) about scurvy. Why would you be talking about scurvy??? I don't know. But Ryan was. And that's not too out of the ordinary. If someone else had told me that Ryan was talking about scurvy I wouldn't be at all surprised. Anyway. The part of the conversation that I remember is Ryan saying, "I wouldn't want to get scurvy. Not because I'm afraid of what it would do to me, but because I'm afraid my mom would find out."

Yeah. So. Scurvy (for those of you who don't know) is a deficiency in Vitamin C. The earliest symptoms are bleeding in the gums. And so...whenever I get any sort of persistent mouth sore (aka I have really really painful canker sores on the right side of my mouth that have been there for like 3 days now) I make jokes about coming down with scurvy. My roommate has been endlessly entertained as I consume as much Vitamin C as possible and then talk about how it still hurts and how I might die from scurvy. So......I do what I always do....I google searched scurvy. And thus, I need to share with you all, THIS WEBSITE. Read it. It will inform you all about the horrors and dangers of my condition. Feel my pain and bring me fruits!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

I don't know if it was because of this entry, or if it is because of me being tired and cranky BUT...

I called someone a rapscallion today.

Thought I would share. Now I need to take a nap.

12/01/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger da bito said...

rofl - nice work, panda. :) also, i googled the guy that made that page, and he was a computer science student at carnegie mellon, actually won a couple of programming contests, and i think is getting his masters at MIT. makes me feel better about my immaturity.

12/01/2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Way to research that Bito. Makes me feel better about MY immaturity too.

Also, Panda.....love the icon. Love it love it love it. We should use pirate words more often I think.

12/01/2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

Arrrrghh me mateys!!! I'll be agreein witcha there . . .

wait, i seem to have confused my stereotypical pirate with some irish just then . . .

12/01/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

go James Lid!---yay Scotland!

12/01/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

i love your pic too btw.

Ed in a santa costume---so festive and cute!

12/01/2005 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home