Thursday, August 18, 2005

Tentative Plans Update!

Great to be back (and by back i mean stoned, but i promise not as stoned).

So i know all of you have been thinking to yourselves, "gee, how come Jess never knows what the hell is going on in her life? She's so spontaneous and never makes plans." Well, you're right. That's why this is a tentative update.

You see, since our lease is up we had to fill out a form for our apartment stating when we intended to leave. Since Andy's trying to get to Texas by October, Lisa's going to do volunteer work in Costa Rica, and Ian is likely moving to Seattle on a whim, there will be no one here for me to roommate with. Thus we gave the notice to be out by November 31st, to give us 1 month in case things go horribly wrong. This means that I will likely be leaving my job by the end of November (hooray!) and that also means that I have to quick decide what i'm going to be doing.

So, here's what i'm thinking: I now plan on taking a month long retirement and coming back home to good ol' Wisconsin. Hopefully I'll be able to sucker my parents into giving me food and money if I promise to tutor my little brother, and also convince them that I'm studying for my GRE's which may or may not end up being true. This way I can live for free, eat good food, see all my pals (except jo, but i'll be thinking of you as i eat my kimchee jjiggae ) and maaaabye make money and come out ok in the end? Granted, I'll have to put up w/ nosy questions from mom and jenny, and more blather about marriage, but i think i'll find a way to handle it (hopefully by finding my local dealer lol)

Then, if I take my GREs and do well, I can go to school in Texas for my masters. This will also give me some time to brace myself for the horror that is College Station.

So yeah, that's what's goin on. The only matters left to deal with then, are how i'm going to move home and then move again to texas? I wonder if I should first drive to texas, get a roundtrip plane ticket home, but have my return date not be for a whole month. Then again, I don't want to have to depend on mom's minivan to get back and forth from Madison (she never lets me borrow her car!). Maybe I should just drive there. Anyone up for a roadtrip that can afford a 1-way ticket out here? :D

~j

7 Comments:

Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

haha! we actually wrote November 31st! lol! I promise this is only bcz we crossed out October, not because we thought November had 31 days :)

8/18/2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

oh yeah, and a 1 way ticket will probably run you just under $100 if you fly from O'Hare, but more like $150 from Milwaukee.

8/18/2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

then again, since i'm looking so early the price may go down.

I need to stop leaving comments for my own posts . . .

8/18/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

the problem w/ that mark, is that my parents NEVER let me borrow the car, and if i do i have to have it back home by midnight--i never get to borrow it for more than a few hours.

Which means my life at home would be super-miserable. No, i definitely need to have a car there. Besides, ROAD TRIP!!! WEEE!!!

But Sarah, alas, I won't have anywhere to live after November 30th (i mean 31st, haha) so i have to leave sometime before then.

And we also need like a week so we can go tour all the Creation Museums! Man, I'll have to show you my totally awesome mini polaroids i took of the Museum in San Diego (i turned them into fridge magnets! i'm so crafty!) . . .just utterly amazing. I was just telling Steph yesterday, you know, how belief in evolution leads to beastiality and child abuse, while belief in Creation leads to true Americanism and morality. Incredible.

8/19/2005 10:36 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

Thank you mark, i will likely take you up on that. ;) maybe we can hit it up together, tho instead of binging on delicious mochi ice cream dumplings, we can snack on carrot sticks (2 mochi dumplings = 210 calories)

Yay Sarah! All you'll need then is that oversized jesus shirt (or, for some variation, a "top ten reasons to go to summer camp at the Lake Gideon Bible Retreat Center" shirt. Incidentally, the food didn't make it on the list. Oh bless me, how I kid!) with a knot in the side tied with a pink scrunchie, plus a pair of short-but-not-too-short-you-wicked-sinful-homewrecker shorts, and you'll have captured the essence of the Kingdom of God's Holy Dress Code.

Oh my god this is the best idea ever! Going in costume to the creation museum?! Brilliant! We gotta hit up a thrift store before we go! Hooray!

Mark your calendars, guys! November 31st is Jesusween!

8/19/2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

woah. i gotta get in on this. needless to say jess, if you need a ride, i'd be happy to haul your ass from brookfield to here whenever...we have an extra room adn you can totally crash here in......sun prairie.

we all have a lot of drinking, smoking, traveling, and movie-watching to catch up on.

and you can bet we're gonna.

8/19/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

awww steph! You're so cool!

I'd feel kinda bad making you come and get me all the time tho. You're going to be in school, right? Plus, December is Exam Month. Are you sure that'd be ok?

In any case, there's still time to figure out the details. It would probably be cheaper to fly from Texas, but since I don't know for sure that I'm going to stay there, it's too hard to say right now. I think it may still be best just to keep my car with me. I guess you'll just have to wait for another, "great, jess is stoned again *sigh*" post for me to give you a more solid update ;)

8/19/2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home