Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Choose Your Own Adventure!

Book #33: What the hell are we doing?


"Andy, check your email!" you say into your cell phone, purposely wasting valuable work time at your dead end job. "You got a reply from Professor Oswald!"
"Thanks for checking my email for me again Jess, " says Andy. "You know how nervous I am about this Ph.D position. I have been ever since I told him I couldn't make it to Texas U by the date I'd initially promised. "
"Well, I hate to be a spoiler, but he said he's a little disappointed but it's ok if you come later. Do you think you can be done with your thesis by the end of the semester?"
"Gee, I don't know anymore. Everything seems to be taking longer than I thought it would. The last day of the semester is only 2 months from now, and the last bit of writing I submitted to my major professor was given back to me with 'needs to be completely rewritten' across the top."
"Hmm," you say, deep in thought. "If you don't think you can finish by then, you should probably tell Oswald so now. If you don't, you're going to have to work your ass off and get that thesis done within 2 months. Looks like we've got quite the dilemma on our hands!"




If you think Andy should tell Professor Oswald that he cannot finish his thesis in 2 months, comment 'choice #1'

If you think Andy should tell Oswald he will be there at the end of the semester even though he has a huge workload that may not get done, comment 'choice #2'

3 Comments:

Blogger Dragonslippers said...

dude, jess, you TOTALLY need to make links to the options on this post.....i wanna play!

10/13/2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

well,

i was initially hoping for some advice via your responses (ie, comment 1 vs comment 2) . . .

and then would kinda go from there. Probably the next part of the adventure won't be until december, when we find out the actual outcome of our choice.

10/14/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

*choice1 vs choice2 not comment

10/14/2005 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home