Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dilemma dilemma!

Don't worry jo; I'll try to give you at least a month or 2 in advance (hey, it's better than a few days, or even a week!) ;) But mainly I'm gonna just continue to dodge the issue as much as possible until I'm in a better position to make plans.

I mean, look at everything I have to deal with:

If I have the wedding in Vegas, Andy's family won't be able to make it, and probably a lot of you guys won't be able to make it.

If I have the wedding in Wisconsin, everybody can make it! And I mean EVERYBODY. This includes like 200ppl on Andy's side, plus the whole fucking Korean church on my side. Which means $$$$$$$!!!!!!! --WAY MORE $ that I've got right now.

And do you know what kind of god-awful pressure I'll be under if I have to perform for the Korean church?! It's gonna be the churchiest, godliest and basically the most boring of all weddings! I mean, Andy's family is gonna be expecting at least 1 keg of Pabst, but if I have the Korean church there, I'm probably gonna have to keep it alcohol free. Seriously, can you think of any situation that could possibly be worse?

And even if I limit the amt of ppl who can show up, I'm still gonna be stuck w/ a really boring, stupid wedding, and a lot of unhappy people bcz they weren't invited.

If i just elope, I can have the wedding I want: big fucking party, perhaps a costume party--wedding themed but not necessarily--while sloshed out of my mind. But if I don't invite family, I run the risk of alienating and upsetting ppl on both sides. I mean, what if I invite my sister Julie, who'd be cool w/ whatever I did, but not Jenny, who'd be playing Mom the entire time? I'd be in so much trouble.

lol i could have 2 weddings, one for them and one for us, which is actually probably the best possible situation. But that would require $$$$$, which I've already established that I haven't got.

Which leaves me with the 1 thing we've been doing all along: waiting. But then i have to keep putting up w/ mom . . .

grrrrrrr.

~j

2 Comments:

Blogger Josephine Lee said...

wait... isn't it tradition for the bride's parents to pay for the wedding? do you have to pay for it, jess?

7/21/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

Honestly,

I don't know. The discussion hasn't even gotten that far. It's still at "GET MARRIED!!!" I think they may have bought me a bond or something that's recently matured, but I'm not really sure.

I guess I was just assuming I would have to pay for it. hmmm . . .

~J

7/22/2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home