Tuesday, July 19, 2005

more talk of weddings and such

Sarah- man, that's too bad that Noah's Ark was kinda a downer for you...i was planning on living vicariously through your experiance since i haven't gone in so long.....buuuuuutt.....i guess i won't ;).

Jess----- I am THERE……I am SO THERE. Cheesy wedding, Vegas, flying monkeys….who/what/where/whenever you decide, count me IN.

That said, man that sucks about all the pressure your mom’s putting on you, though I can’t say I’m surprised since you’ve told me about your issues with your mom..or..er…her…values…before. And I totally gotta go with Jo on this one….and say, well, it sucks, but b/c she’s your mom, ya gotta put up with it(esp. since she knows you’re mobile number).

I DEFINATLY think that if you and Andy don’t both feel ready to tie the knot, then you shouldn’t do it. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we’re all behind you in whatever you decide to do.

……but a cheesy-poofy-Vegas-flying-monkey-wedding would be REALLY cool……

Oh god….today I spent at least 6 hours feeding wire into a machine that wraps labels on wires………this HAS to be one of the most mind-numbing jobs there is as it requires no thought at all, and finally, today, I discovered that the only way to make it through the day without looking at the clock every minute is to shut my brain off, and totally forget about my surroundings.

This worked pretty well, as I planned a nice dinner for my mom during the first half of the day….i was able to mentally diagram what do make, where to get the food items from, how much time to spend preparing each item, when to prepare each item, and go through the mental motions of preparing the meal more then once…..


….oi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

lol

Flying monkeys is quite the fabulous idea, and, as you're the one who mentioned them, I think you should be the one to provide them. It'll be great! You can get some of those hotties you've been collecting to dress up in red vests and fez hats, give them a pair of cymbols or a music box and suspend them above the chapel (or limo ceiling?) like little cherubim. it'd be PERFECT!!

Yeah, I donno how long I can take mom pushing this agenda of hers tho. I'm used to humoring her, but this is something I really can't do. I mean, she wants me MARRIED like, NOW! And I've got way too much to think of in the way of preparations to just have a hurried wedding.

I just think it's so stupid because we're gonna get married someday anyway, and if the outcome's gonna be the same whether we do it now or in 5 years, what's the big fucking deal? And I can only humor her so far, you know. I mean, should humoring her mean I go ahead and just get married anyway? I can't do that! But that's the only way she's going to be satisfied. It's just such a load of crap!

*calms down, changes subject*

lol you're gonna be like Selma in Dancer in the Dark and start composing musicals pretty soon (but hopefully *spoiler alert* unlike in the movie you won't end up getting executed for killing your best friend . . .)


Thanks for all your support and for letting me vent, guys!

I LOVE YOU!!!!


~J

7/20/2005 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home