Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Strategic Planning

For those of you going to the Decemberists with me tomorrow (and those of you who just want to come hang out for a bit) I thought I'd let you know what my plans are. Similar to what Araby did for the Sleater Kinney show, I thought we could all come to my house for dinner. I'm making potato leek soup, I went to the co-op and got bread and cheese and crackers and hummus. Anything else you guys want to bring will be accepted.

HOWEVER!!! I have a test at 4-potentially 5:15. This means that there's high likelihood I won't be home until 6. AND...I want to get there kinda early so I was hoping to leave here around 7:15 or possibly 7:30 to get to the Orpheum. Show starts at 8. The earlier we can leave the better. I'm VERY SERIOUS about this time schedule. VERY VERY VERY serious. So....come, eat a little, leave. If you aren't here to leave by 7:30 you'll just have to try to find us there. That's my deal. I really don't like getting to shows late. And I really don't like being in the back. And I really don't like having to push to get to the front. Ok...so. That's my story.

9 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

I'll be there and on time!

10/19/2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

I appreciate that.

Yay for you.

10/19/2005 9:37 PM  
Blogger da bito said...

there will be no "araby time" tonight. seriously.

10/20/2005 6:14 AM  
Blogger da bito said...

My friends to be attending the concert are Mel, Daniel, and Daniel's ladyfriend Amy. I told Daniel there may be another soup/sandwich pre-party, and he's going to bring black bean soup. I've got some hummus, roma tomatoes, and avocados, if you'd like me to bring them.

10/20/2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

I'm holding you to that!! lol

Bring whatever you want for sandwiches/soup. I really don't have a lot beyond bread and cheese. But I have damn good cheeses. I'll get home ASAP to make some leek soup. It may have to sacrifice a little quality for time constraints...but I'll do my best.

10/20/2005 6:34 AM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

ahem......I'm sorry to be missing this dinner, as I had fun at the last one we had....but instead I will be having dinner with sean(scheduled at the last minute-yesterday after BOTH of us accidentally double-booked and couldn't meet last night)......

which, at this point-and-time, I anticpiate to be not awkward.....just for the record

10/20/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

soooo steph ....

is there something going on between and this...Sean?

*eyebrows*

10/20/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

insert *you* as needed

10/20/2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Not awkward is good.

We shall see how not awkward my Friday will be. I'm a bit concerned, I will admit.

10/20/2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home