Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Me again!

Sorry to post again so soon...but I've been doing a sort of year in review on my other blog and I came across this "color quiz" that I thought may be of interest to some of you. So...I re-took it, being in a completely different mindset than I was the last time it managed to tell me exactly what was wrong with me, and I think it did it again. Though in a bit more subtle of a way this time. Anyway....the thing is good. All from picking out some colored squares. Weird.


Sari's Existing Situation
Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

Sari's Stress Sources
The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to her self-sufficiency because of the restraint she normally imposes on herself. Since she wants to demonstrate the unique quality of her own character, she tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal her fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize her behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference she really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

Sari's Restrained Characteristics
Circumstances are such that she feels forced to compromise for the time being if she is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Sari's Desired Objective
Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of her or if she is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Sari's Actual Problem
Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase her self-esteem and her feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets herself high standards.

Sari's Actual Problem #2
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position.

Take the ColorQuiz yourself right now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Your Actual Problem
Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of her freedom to act, and to decide for herself by the exercise of great personal charm in her dealings with others.

Holy Moly!

is this me?

9/29/2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger da bito said...

WOW. I think I'm going to take that thing. I remember Mark giving it to me a couple years ago - accurate for me at the time, but that's really dead-on. And I love you, Ike!

9/29/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger da bito said...

lol - it pretty much told me that I'm an emotionally impotent perfectionist. Well, it pegged my nature, but I've changed. :)

9/29/2005 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home